Courier Exchange & Remote Driver
Should you require a driver resource outside of your
dedicated fleet you have two system integrated options available:
- Courier Exchange (CX)
- Remote Driver Network (RDN)
Please read below for instructions and information on the
two methods of integrated working.
Courier Exchange (CX)
- Tender a load
- Allocate and Confirm Load to the CX partner
- Tracking Updates
a. Acknowledged by CX Partner / Driver
b. On Route to Collection
d. On Route to Delivery
Tender a Load
Tender load functions
Pickup and Delivery Times
If you times are not specified on the dockets, you can
amend these times to suit your post.
Broadcast / Notify Radius
Defaults to Sameday as the most common of all Navigator
based CX loads
Your CX Diary presenting the Tender
CX Bids will appear in the usual way at the footer
Allocate and Confirm Load to the CX partner
- Allocate to your CX callsign.
- Complete the CX number
of the partner in the Handset Number field.
- On screen feedback will display the CX number
and Partner Name.
Allocation confirmation feedback
CX Partner’s view of the load
- The CX partner will need to Accept the load to
feedback to Navigator
Your Navigator job summary view
Full Tracking View
- POD including Photo / Signature Capture
- Acknowledge by driver on Handset
- Driver on Route to Collection
- Driver confirmed Collection
- Arrived at Delivery Address
- Final POD
- Tracking events and POD image / signature can
display on your client facing tracking pages and Navigator update emails to
Your CX Diary Dashboard – Completed Job
The CX Partner Dairy View – Completed Job
*Please note parts of the CX and
Navigator Screen Shots are covered for data protection purposes in this
- TMS Integration (API) is available to Courier
Exchange Premium subscribers, you will need to check with Courier Exchange (CX
/ TEG) you have the required access.
- Navigator Courier Exchange credits are required
if you wish to take advantage of the automated functionality.
- Pricing per credit: £0.07
- Load Tendering = 2 Credits
- Load Allocation / Confirmation = 2 Credits
- Tracking updates = 1 Credit per update
- To set up a CX driver for allocation purposes
please review Part 3, the Notes.
- Please see Part 4 FAQ for notes on the CX
Integration and RDN functions.
Remote Driver Network (RDN)
Why use the RDN?
This text message will direct them to the app stores
(Android - Google Play or iTunes for iPhone devices) which they will need to
install (first time use only, providing they did not previously deleted the
app), the text will also supply them with a username and password for login.
- On Route to Collection
- On Route to Delivery
- Delivered (POD / Signature or Photo Capture).
- The failure milestones, document scan and item
scanning functionality are all available
- Driver Tracking on Maps*
required to allow tracking when installing the application or make a change in
settings to enable tracking.
Allocating to an RDN Driver
Please complete their mobile number and Save Changes, this
will send the Text Message alert to the driver.
Driver App Login
Drivers use the code (their telephone number) and the pin
from the text message to access the Navigator app.
First Time RDN Use (Driver Registration)
Please complete the driver name, email and address details (only
the Name is mandatory).
This will not appear again once you have Registered on RDN.
Why should you complete this?
In some examples, you may tender a job from Navigator to the
CX and the driver will use the Navigator mobile via the RDN to complete the job
(not their own app or the CX app).
If you complete the CX number on the
registration form, the POD will be sent from Navigator to the CX to complete
the job in CX.
For this to work, the job must have been first tendered on
the CX from the Navigator system (please see Tender a load from this document).
- Navigator RDN credits are required if you wish
to take advantage of the automated functionality
- Pricing per RDN credit: £0.70
Setting up Drivers for CX and RDN
Within the Driver file you need to select the Handset type
to Uses RDN (Remote Driver Network) Handset.
- Will a
drivers receive a text message on every RDN allocation?
- Yes, they will sent the text message with login details.
- Is the Navigator App functionality the same for
an RDN driver as a normal in house driver?
- Yes, once the driver has logged in to the app, they will have all the same functionality as a normal fleet driver.
- How do I set up my Navigator system to link with
my CX account?
- Navigator can link with CX at an Office level, in Control Panel > Offices > Courier Exchange > complete username and password of a CX user.
- Can I post a multi drop loads to CX?
- Unfortunately we could not identify within the CX API a supported method of sending muti drop jobs.